The Credit Union is required to follow the Federal Reserve Bank’s Regulation D, which limits certain withdrawals and transfers from share accounts, including FAT CAT and Zard share accounts, IRAs, Coverdell ESAs, SEP IRAs, and Money Market share accounts. The following types of withdrawals and transfers from these types of accounts are limited to a total of six per account each calendar month:
- Internet transfers to another deposit or share account
- Voice Response transfers to another deposit or share account
- Phone transfers to another deposit or share account via the Contact Center or local branch
- Overdraft transfers to a checking account
- Automated funds transfers to another deposit or share account
- Funds transfers or withdrawals (not initiated in person at a branch) and payable to a third party such as a wire transfer request or recurring wire
- Safe deposit box auto-debit fees that occur yearly
Other types of transactions can generally be performed as often as needed. Checking Accounts (including Zard checking accounts) CPG accounts, and HSAs are excluded from Regulation D withdrawal and transfer limitations.
For more information, please review the Rules and Regulations Brochure.