State Employees' Credit Union understands the importance in teaching sound saving practices. In an effort to help children learn about saving and make it exciting, the Credit Union offers the FAT CAT Program. This program consists of a special FAT CAT Share account that allows children to watch their balance grow as they save, a quarterly newsletter, and their own dedicated website.
- For children up to age 121
- To open an account, the child and the responsible adult1 should visit a local branch
- Must be joint with a parent, grandparent or other responsible adult1
- $5 minimum opening deposit
- Once the account balance reaches $25, it must be maintained
- Dividends compounded daily and paid monthly
- FAT CAT Goody Bag which includes a Passbook for transaction records
- Member card for ATM, ASK SECU and Member Access
- Paw Prints Newsletter
- FAT CAT website with fun and games to help educate our youngest members
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
- For rate information, please visit SECU’s Deposit Rates page
Transactions on FAT CAT accounts are subject to limitations as defined in Regulation D.